* Click on the photos to enlarge

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Tacos w. Cucumber-Acocado Salsa

Last night, Josh requested tacos for dinner. And I wanted something a little healthier. So I came up with a compromise. I made Tacos with Ground Turkey, Cucumber-Avocado Salsa & Greek Yogurt with a side of Spanish Rice with Freshly Chopped Tomatoes. {Instead of the traditional ground beef, I used ground turkey. Instead of the traditional lettuce & cheese, I made a cucumber-avocado salsa. & Instead of sour cream, I used greek yogurt.}

For the Cucumber-Avocado Salsa, I mixed together chopped cucumber, jalapeƱos, cilantro & avocado and the juice of one lime with a little s&p. It was a burst of freshness with the cucumber offering a snap and the avocado giving a creamy contrast.
I used a box of Spanish Rice, but used Fresh Tomatoes! The box called for an option of canned tomatoes, but why use canned, when you have fresh readily available?
After the rice and ground turkey were finished cooking, I started to assemble our tacos. 
 The cucumber-avocado salsa was so fresh and delicious! I wanted to pull out a bag of Tostitos Chips and dig into the salsa... if only we had chips. Every ingredient brought the taco to a new level, with the savory ground turkey, the crunchy, creamy, fresh salsa and the tangy greek yogurt.
This was an experiment that ended well. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment