* Click on the photos to enlarge

Friday, October 19, 2012

A Cure for a Sore Throat?

My sister and her family all caught a bug of some sorts that includes stuffy noses and sore throats. I don't typically get sick very easily, and was hopeful that I wouldn't get sick while watching her daughter throughout the week. No such luck. Unfortunately, I have a stuffy nose and a very sore throat.

My sister said she spoke with one of her co-workers and she said that milk, honey and turmeric is a cure for a sore throat. She didn't include quantities, but I think I came up with the perfect balance. Last night I tried this "cure" but was very skeptical, because milk + being sick has never equalled a pleasant combination. 

Surprisingly, the drink was sweet, earthy, and very smooth and soothing on my throat.

What you'll need:
(1 Serving Size)
Small Saucepan
1 3/4 c. Milk (I used skim)
2 T. Honey
1/2 tsp. Ground Turmeric
Wooden Spoon
Sieve

I chose 1 3/4 cups of milk, because that is how big my mugs are.

Warm the milk, honey and turmeric over medium to medium high heat and stir with a wooden spoon. When transferring milk mixture to your mug, pour through a sieve.

This will give the beverage a smooth consistency, which is what you want for a sore throat.



Let's hope this does the trick! If not, it still tastes delicious! 
Give it a try and let me know what you think. 


No comments:

Post a Comment