* Click on the photos to enlarge

Monday, November 7, 2011

Cork Trivet


Yesterday {& into last night} I made a cork trivet!


I have lots of wine corks that I have saved. I usually write the occasion or names of who I'm drinking with on the cork and toss it into the glass stemware shown to the right. ----->


I have accumulated quite a few over the years and it is about time that I create something with them! It's just too bad that so many wine bottles are twist off or have faux corks.


It took me a little while to figure out the best way to put this together, but now that I know what I'm doing, I think it will be easier second go-around! What do you think?

This is a smaller trivet. I plan on making more that are different sizes and shapes! 
I also plan on making coasters. :)


*This trivet could be part of the prize for Best Tacky Christmas Sweater*

1 comment:

  1. Nice work, Meg! Great idea AND way to follow through on actually doing it too. Go you :) Wish I could make it to MI in time for your Ugly Sweater Party!! This would be a fun prize!

    ReplyDelete