* Click on the photos to enlarge

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Halloween Weekend @ The Birches

Josh and I spent Halloween weekend at the cottage with Clint & Mark. We all had a really good time; the weather was perfect and the food was delicious!
 Saturday morning I made a frittata similar to the one I made for Ash & Adam, Frittata with Asparagus, Roasted Red Peppers and Goat Cheese. With a side of bacon and fresh fruit.
 Along with the view, it was certainly the best way to start the day. 
After breakfast, I made us all bloody marys and we watched some college football. 
MSU did not play as we had hoped...

For dinner, I made Turkey Burgers stuffed with Fresh Mozzarella & Roasted Red Peppers & topped with Avocado Spread & Chopped Cilantro. & Garlic Fries on the side.
They turned out so good! I made the boys their burgers first and while I was in the kitchen cooking mine, all I could hear was moaning and various comments from all of them. Here are a few:

"Explosion of Goodness" --Mark

"Best Burger I've ever had." --Clint


"Symphony of taste in my mouth." --Mark

"You never disappoint me." -- Josh


"I'm not the type of guy to have a cigarette after a meal, but this meal warranted one." -- Mark

"Did you see how fast Mark ate? He is the most critical person I know when it comes to food. The way he just ate was the highest compliment anyone could receive." --Clint

I think they liked them. :) They did not stop talking about this dinner. They talked about it for the rest of the night, into the next morning and on the drive home. 
I loved that they loved it so much! - That is the best part of cooking!


No comments:

Post a Comment