* Click on the photos to enlarge

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

The Sweet & The Savory

Yesterday, I was lucky enough  to spent my morning and early afternoon with Libby and Mia at the Cider Mill. It was the perfect day - Not a cloud in the sky! I had such a nice time with them. We went a tractor ride and Mia was able to pick a couple apples. She is so adorable! 

When we got back to my house, I took the banana-chocolate chip bread out of the refrigerator and cut it into slices. 

Mia decided to taste - test it for Uncle Josh to make sure it was okay for him to eat.

It was Mia approved!

It was cooked perfectly - with a light golden brown crust around a moist, creamy inside. It is sweet and practically melts in your mouth.

This morning, after Josh left for work, I opened the fridge, and half of the loaf was gone! Maybe he is planning on sharing with some of his co-workers? Or maybe, he plans to have a chocolatey lunch all to himself! 

Either way, I'm happy to see he likes it. :)



* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
 For dinner last night, I made Chicken Fajitas and Garlic Fries. Josh always says he likes anything that is wrapped in a tortilla shell. {When I make him breakfast before he leaves for work, he prefers when I put whatever it is in a tortilla shell.}

I love making Garlic Fries. They are finger licking good! {No condiments needed, in my opinion}


I sliced the potatoes into matchsticks and infused canola oil with chopped garlic. After heating the oil with the garlic, I separated the garlic from the oil, and tossed the fries with the oil and s&p and baked for about 30 minutes. Straight out of the oven, I tossed the fries with the reserved garlic and salt to taste. These fries are easy and the best fries I have ever had!

Heavenly! 


For the fajitas, I put the chicken and veggies: onion, red & green peppers, thinly sliced, on a platter so Josh and I could build our own. {To make it even more 'Josh themed' - A Michigan State platter, of course!} Josh loves things spicy, but I can't handle too much heat! This way, he can slather his fajitas with as much hot sauce as his heart desires. 

Josh came home from work, we chatted about our days for a bit while I prepped things for dinner. I finished up dinner while Josh put his feet up. When I brought him the platter and fries, he was pretty happy.  


I made some more cookies for dessert.
Mmmmm, they are so scrumptious! 

3 comments:

  1. my mouth is watering as i read

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not only are you an amazing cook, man are you a great wife! Cooking so many homemade meals, of multiple courses...beyond impressive!! As I've always said, Josh is a lucky, lucky guy :)

    ReplyDelete