* Click on the photos to enlarge

Friday, October 7, 2011

Not Just For Vegetarians

Last night, Josh opened a bottle of wine,
compliments of my awesome brother-in-law, Patrick.
While I sipped on my wine, I made Spinach and Broccoli Pizza and Garlic Sticks. While, I didn't have all the ingredients I wanted on hand, I made it work!

I used a store bought thin-crust dough; I would have made it from scratch, but I didn't have the time. I didn't have any pizza sauce, so I used some spaghetti sauce and mixed in a red pepper that I roasted and chopped.
I cooked both the spinach and the broccoli before adding them to the pizza. Whenever I have a restaurant pizza with spinach, the spinach leaves are left whole, which I am not a fan of. They are typically put on the pizza without being cooked first, but I prefer my way of cooking and chopping the spinach first.
I didn't have any mozzarella cheese, but I did have a small amount of Swiss and Pepper Jack. I would have put more cheese on this pizza, if I had had it on hand. Use what you have, right? After it came out of the oven, I brushed the crust with a little melted butter. 

The pizza turned out so good. I definitely think I can make it better, but hey! considering I didn't have some ingredients that I wanted, it turned out pretty damn tasty! :)




Last minute, I really wanted bread sticks, but... I really hadn't planned for it. But, I did have some puff pastry in the freezer. I cut the pastry in long slices and seasoned it with garlic salt and powder. When it was done baking, I brushed them with melted butter.

Wowza! These were so good! They were light and airy, but creamy with amazing garlic and butter flavor. I was so glad that I had decided to make them!



The Complete Meal!

1 comment:

  1. You'll have to make this veggie dish for me next time I'm in town :)

    ReplyDelete