* Click on the photos to enlarge

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Chicken Quesadilla with Roasted Red Peppers & Spinach

Last night I could not figure out what I wanted to make for dinner. A spinach and broccoli quiche? Chicken Salad wraps? I just couldn't decide. I wanted to get Josh's opinion and see if he had a preference. He took a little time to think about it and then responded with, "I could go for... a quiche or a chicken salad wrap with fries." Pause for reaction. I couldn't help but start laughing. Thanks for the help, babe!

He did request a repeat showing of garlic fries, so I knew what side to make. I ended up going a different route for the main course. I thought about the dishes that Josh likes to makes: Fajitas and Quesadillas. I landed with a new version of quesadillas. Chicken Quesadilla with Roasted Red Peppers & Spinach.

{Vegetarian? I would substitute the chicken for sliced portabello mushrooms.} You can make a variety of different quesadillas! The possibilities are endless.

I turned the broiler on to roast a red pepper. When the skin became black, I placed it in a bowl and covered it. Then I peeled off the skin and sliced it into thin strips.

I prepared the spinach the way Julia Child taught me, {the best way to cook spinach!} seasoned with s&p and coarsely chopped it.

On one side of a  tortillas shell, I layered the sliced cooked chicken, spinach, red peppers and Pepper Jack Cheese and then folded the shell over. In a skillet, I cooked each side of a the tortilla shell until crisp and the cheese had melted.


I love these quesadillas! The chicken made this healthy dish hearty, while the spinach and red peppers were light and brought a creamy texture, and the pepper jack cheese brought a heat that rounded out the flavors.
Who says healthy can't be delicious?
The Complete Meal

1 comment:

  1. This looks so good! I'm hungry, thank you ;) When is the cook book coming out? I need the recipes ...

    ReplyDelete