* Click on the photos to enlarge

Saturday, May 14, 2011

My Kind of Tacos!

Last night, I made chicken tacos. But, not just any kind of chicken tacos! This is a recipe of my own! It is quick, simple and ... not to toot my own horn... Delicious!

Josh's Review: "Really Good. Remember this recipe." 

First, I made pickled onions. I sliced a red onion in thin strips, boiled them, and plunged them in ice water. After draining the onions, I combined the onions with a mixture of fresh orange juice, lime juice, sugar & ground cumin. And then I popped them in the fridge.
*~* Tip *~* You'll get more juice from room-temperature citrus
Next, I cut chicken breasts into thin strips and tossed them in a dry rub of Italian Seasoning, Ground Cumin and S&P.

The prep work is done. All that is left to do is cook the chicken, heat the 6 in tortilla shells and assemble! Inside the tortilla shell, I placed the seasoned chicken strips, pickled onions, avocados and goat cheese. The chicken had strong, but not overpowering, flavor, the onions brought a fresh crunch and the avocados and goat cheese brought a rich creaminess. Fresh, flavorful mouthfuls! [Josh loved the pickled onions and he thought they were the best part.] As a side dish, I made corn with butter and s&p.
Complete Meal! :)










Josh has been telling me for years, and mentioned it again last night, that I should write my own cookbook. And my response always seems to be, Who would buy that?

No comments:

Post a Comment