* Click on the photos to enlarge

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Easter Weekend

* ~ * Special Guests: Patrick & Abbey * ~ *

For Easter weekend, Josh and I went to my cottage with Patrick and Abbey. It was such a nice weekend, with beautiful weather, good company and yummy food.

When we arrived Friday, Abbey and I made a few snacks and we all enjoyed some spirits. I made my chicken wonton cups & Hormel chili dip and Abbey made her Mexican layer dip with chips and celery sticks. :)

Saturday morning, I put out some fresh fruit (Strawberries & Grapes) and started on making brunch. I made Julia's diced potatoes sauteed in butter and chives. I added my own touch, by adding crumbled bacon. Yummy! With that, I made a fried egg placed on a bed of spinach sauteed in butter. We enjoyed a couple momosas and ate our brunch on the deck over-looking beautiful Lake Huron. Not a bad way to start the day, huh?

We spent the afternoon walking on the beach, tossing rocks in the lake, drinking, eating & talking on the porch. Abbey & I whipped up some snacks that we enjoyed on the porch while playing a drinking game. Abbey brought out her delicious Mexican layer dip & I made stuffed Mushrooms.

I have to say, that I probably will never make this recipe again. I love stuffed mushrooms, but I have always found it very difficult to find a recipe that I love. And I think I now know that I do not like mushrooms stuffed with cheese. In my opinion, mushrooms and cheese are not a combination that I enjoy.
Champignons Farcis (Stuffed Mushrooms)



Saturday night, Patrick and Abbey made a delicious feast! Steaks, Onions & Peppers, Salmon, Salad, Rice, Bread & Dip, Oh My! We definitely ate very well that night!


Rapee Morv Andelle 
(Gratin of Shredded Potatoes with Ham, Eggs & Cheese)




Sunday morning we weren't staying very long, because we all were going to Josh & Patrick's parents' house for Easter dinner. I made a little breakfast to tie us all over for a little bit. I wanted something that I could quickly put together and wouldn't have to worry about timing - When would everyone be up after drinking all day yesterday?  I mixed together shredded potatoes, eggs, finely sliced ham, herbs & cheese - threw it in a pyrex dish and into the oven! [A gratin is simply a quiche mixture that is put in a pyrex dish without a pastry shell.] I put the dish on the table and we all grabbed our forks and dove in. No other dishes to clean. Simple. I really liked the flavor and would definitely make this & any variation of it again!
I had such a nice time this weekend. It was the perfect way to have some time alone with the two of them before they moved away. 
Abbey has officially moved, and I miss her already. Looking forward to the next time the four of us are together again. :) Love you, Abs!

1 comment:

  1. I don't know why this re-posted with a different date...

    ReplyDelete