* Click on the photos to enlarge

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Cheeseburger & Fries

This has been a very busy week, so lets play catch up!

After I made the French hamburger with the red wine sauce, I used the remaining ground  beef to make a "normal" hamburger (not Julia's recipe). I sauteed the onions, as I did before, and mixed them into the ground beef. I did not coat the hamburger in flour and I did not make the red wine sauce. After I cooked the hamburgers, I placed them on the remaining ciabatta rolls and topped them with shredded swiss cheese and a little mustard. I am not a hamburger expert, but I definitely liked the French version a lot better. Surprisingly, Josh agreed!


I also made potato wedges with a little Swiss cheese on top. Josh loves my potato wedges, so they are a frequent side dish. Very simple to make - cut potatoes in wedges, toss with olive oil, s&p, and Italian seasoning - Then, spread them on a baking sheet and put in the oven. When the potatoes are done to your liking, sprinkle with (any) cheese. Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment